1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup margarine
1/3 cup Splenda
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup oats
How to prepare:
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2) Combine flour and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside
3) In a separate bowl, using a mixer, lightly beat margarine until soft.
4) Add Splenda, brown sugar and peanut butter.
5) Beat until smooth, scraping edges as necessary.
6) Add in egg whites and vanilla and mix well.
7) Slowly beat in flour mixture.
8) Fold in oats using spatula
9) Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. (Cookies do not spread much, so you can place them close together on the sheet)
10) Use a fork to dipped in flour to create the signature "crosshatch" design.
11) Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges turn golden brown.
Yield: About 30 cookies
These cookies are really delicious. They are really soft, and stay soft for a few days. They have about 70 calories per cookie. Wow! Super easy to make. I had the ingredients in my cabinets when I found the recipe online.
If you are looking for a sweet treat that won't totally wreck your calorie count for the day... this is a good choice. Just watch out, they are totally addictive.