1 medium sized eggplant
1 small zucchini
6-8 small tomatoes (your choice of variety)
3 cloves garlic
Italian Seasoning or fresh herbs of your choice
How to make it:
Preheat oven to 500 degrees
1. Peel the eggplant.
2. Cut the eggplant in half, then in half again (four lengthwise slices).
3. Cut the zucchini in 1/4" thick slices.
4. Place eggplant and zucchini on baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
5. Slice the tomatoes and place slice on top of eggplant and zucchini.
6. Brush with a little more olive oil.
7. Mince garlic and place on top of the tomatoes.
8. Sprinkle with herbs.
9. Bake for 15 minutes at 500. Keep a close eye so it doesn't burn.
10. Remove from oven and put goat cheese on top of each slice.
11. Bake for 3-4 more minutes or until goat cheese has browned a touch.
12. Cool for 3 minutes then plate and serve.
I served this dish with thin spaghetti tossed with fresh basil and some parmesan cheese. Didn't want to over flavor the pasta and overpower the dish!
It turned out great! I was really pleased! YUM!