Just made this recently with items from our garden! Very tasty!
15-20 Cherry Tomatoes
3-5 cloves of garlic
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Fresh Basil or Basil "Ice Cube" (See below for explanation)
Spiral Pasta (Like Rotini or Cavatappi), cooked and drained
How to make it:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Place the cherry tomatoes on a cooking sheet with high walls (or another oven safe dish).
3) Drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper.
4) Roast for 10-15 minutes.
5) Once tomatoes are roasted, heat olive oil in large pan and saute the garlic.
6) Once garlic has started to brown, add in tomatoes and liquid from the pan.
7) Crush the tomatoes with a fork to release their juices.
8) Add in crushed red pepper flakes to taste.
9) Add basil.
10) Let that simmer for a few minutes. No more than 3.
11) Remove from heat and add cooked pasta.
12) Toss with sauce and plate.
13) Garnish with ricotta.
This dish is pretty easy to make and is delicious. Very light but very satisfying. You've got to be ready though. Once you start, it moves pretty quickly, so you need to be on your toes.
Note on Basil "Ice Cubes":
We had an abundance of basil and didn't want it to go to waste. So, we chopped it up and mixed it with some olive oil then put it in an ice cube tray and froze it. When we are making sauces, we can just add an ice cube and the end result is fresh basil! So convenient!