KEEP IN MIND: This is not a traditional cheesecake. The texture will be different than what you are used to. When finding the recipe, there were a lot of negative reviews and you could tell that most of them were expecting something more like a traditional cheesecake. Just wanted to make note of that.
1 1/2 pounds Ricotta Cheese
2 cups Confectioner's Sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
1/2 teaspoon Rum or Rum flavored extract (I recommend the real thing if you've got it!)
1 tablespoon grated Lemon Zest
1/4 cup fresh Lemon Juice
1 tablespoon grated Orange Zest
How to make it:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease and flour one 9" springform (preferred) or cake pan.
1. Mix the ricotta, confectioner's sugar and eggs until well blended.
2. Stir in vanilla, almond extract, rum, lemon and orange zest, and lemon juice.
3. Mix by hand until creamy.
4. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees. Until golden brown. This may take a bit longer than 40 minutes. I think mine was more like 50-55 but we know the weather and the temperature in your kitchen can play a big role in how that goes. I baked mine until it wasn't jiggly and had a nice golden color.
6. Cool on wire rack.
7. Serve with fresh berries and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar for an extra special touch.
And, you could choose to omit any of the extracts or the citrus. They are simply to flavor it. BUT, I woudl recommend trying it with all of them in there first and then decide what you might want to back off on for the next time for your taste. I LOVED the flavor, but I think it was a little citrus-y for Paul...
But, seriously. This is SO EASY to make and is something fun and different and DELICIOUS!