2 Plum/Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 Ripe, but not super ripe, Avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
1/4 of a medium sized Red Onion, diced
1 clove of Garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of Fresh Cilantro, chopped
1/2-1 tablespoon of Fresh Oregano, chopped
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
2-4 ounces Feta Cheese, crumbled
How to make it:
This couldn't be easier to make.
1. Gently mix the tomatoes, avocado, onion, and garlic in a medium bowl.
2. Gently stir in the cilantro and oregano.
3. Add the olive oil and vinegar and again, gently stir.
4. One more time, gently stir in the feta.
5. Now here is the most important step... TASTE IT... add more olive oil or vinegar or even some salt if needed.
6. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
7. Serve with tortilla chips.
And, that's it.
I have made this dip the night before twice now... and you gotta remember that the avocado will oxidize and turn a bit brown. It still is fine and tastes delicious. But, if that is a concern, then I would make it the day of and give it time to chill rather than making it the day before.
But, trust me. This stuff if amazing! I am already trying to think of excuses to make it again!